Monday, February 4, 2013

The Purpose Driven Blog

I've actually never read the Holy Bible front to back.  There are still some verses that I hear now that I've never heard of before.  Day to day, I waver about what it really means to be a Christian, however, in the past year have I taken to heart that no one is more sinful than anyone else, and therefore there is nothing I can or cannot do to be loved by God.  Today, I am starting a journey with my boyfriend Peter: to read the entire bible in 365 days.  Surprisingly, this challenge was his idea.  He is a self-proclaimed atheist, and I am a baby Christian, despite having grown up in the church.  There is nothing wrong about asking questions or having doubt, and I believe reading the bible alongside a non-believer will foster a greater and truer understanding of God's word. I wonder about how far we can get into this challenge, how diligent we'll be with the readings, and whether or not we will get to the last unread word.  But I'll hope for the best, and pray that it'll give both of us insight into God's plans as well as a way for us to navigate the world without as much apprehension.

Most of the blogs will have links to sites that I have used to research the chapters and answer my questions.  The verses will be posted from the New International Version Bible.  Please do not hesitate to comment and/or question, but please refrain from attacking whatever is published on this blog.  Because frankly... it IS a blog. This is a place of faith and opinion, and not a source of absolute truth for readers.

Each entry will often focus on a single chapter... for relative succinctness.

No comments:

Post a Comment