Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 1: Genesis 1-3

For this day's reading, the blog will be about Genesis 1:1.

As much as I don't like to admit that I've heard Genesis 1:1 enough times that I've begun to tune out... I won't deny that it's not true :P.  Looking at it now, I am very confused about the light references from the bible.

What exactly is the light that was present from beginning (Genesis 1:3) if the sun, stars, and moon were created on the 4th day (Genesis 1:14-19)?  Does that mean that God was the source of light? Or does it mean that there was another light source?  Or does day four provide a flashback to the creation of the sun, stars, and moon on the first day?  There are different theories and I can't figure out which one I believe.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Black hole's can't be light. Since they're just a dense object that sucks in everything, including light.

    ReplyDelete