Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 8: Job 17-20

Job continues to go back and forth about God with his friends.  

In Job 19:22, Job says,

21 “Have pity on me, my friends, have pity,
    for the hand of God has struck me.
22 Why do you pursue me as God does?
    Will you never get enough of my flesh?

At least he acknowledges that in his hardship, even though he's angry and resentful and discouraged, God has never let go of him.

That's the biggest message for a Christian.  Once you lay down your life in front of God, God will never let you go.  Some might argue, well, maybe you want God to let you go.  I say: there's no place in the heavens and the earth that you'll find to be a better place without God.  And if you truly desire to be without God, then you have to wonder if you ever laid down your life for God in the first place, or consider that you just don't know what's best for you in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment